We know how disappointing it can be to find your finest piece of silver jewellery suffering from a serious case of corrosion.
We are often asked what the best way to remove tarnish from silver would be without using basic polish (which works by removing a small layer from the silver to achieve its results!)
Fortunately, there is a way to reduce the effects of tarnish with an easy cure using ingredients found in a regular kitchen cupboard! *
Follow these simple steps for a natural non-chemical alternative to cleaning your silver jewelry.
What you will need:
- Aluminium Foil
- Bicarbonate of Soda
- Polishing Cloth
1. Line the bottom of a bowl with aluminium foil
2. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda (Baking powder!)
3. Pour warm (not boiling!) water into your aluminium bowl and stir until the salt and bicarbonate of soda has entirely dissolved
4. Gently drop your jewellery into the solution and let rest! This should take no longer than 5 minutes…
5. Take a soft polishing cloth and gently buff the jewellery to remove the remaining tarnish.
And voila! Your jewelry should be back to its original charming self!
*Please note that the above technique is not a guarantee!
Do not use for antiqued (oxidized) or vintage silver!
This method of cleaning may damage enameled charms & precious stones!